Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Model:         HP Officejet Pro 8620

Serial No:   [Personal Information Removed]

I am not able to connect this printer in my windows 10 PC's because of the printer automatically configures it's new IP address. How to make the printer IP address  with a stable state.  I want to make this Printer for Wifi printer for mobile printing purposes(eprint). It show that it connected mobile print connectivity with secured way. But in result my mobile devices not able to find the printer in wifi connectivity range. 

Every day printer changes IP address without any reason.  Always turn it into offline state. How to make it stable.  And it's not working it's direct printing  facility.  I   web configured  for  direct printing setup with  a  new username and a new  password also.  But still this user and password not working with HP 8620.  

Also i am not able to connect any mobiles with this printer for eprint purpose.  My Windows 10 PC's protected by Avast Antivirus security.

Please help to solve issue as soon as possible.

Jai

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jhp_8620,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to connect your HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer to the network as the IP address keeps changing. 

This issue could occur if the network connection is not stable.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection

For printing from your mobile phone, you may follow the link: Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

The IP Changing problem solved by giving static IP Number to Printer & a direct ethernet connection. And new firmware updated. But after then it shows another in it's touch screen. ie. Paper Jam. ( ADF error).I tried to fix the problem by using all yours ADF error solving steps. After than I connected with yours chat staff &  he guided me the problem  is connected with Hardware. So now i going to connect my area service team provided by yours hp chat staff.   Please note that i do'nt like to bother any body with my new printer(HP_Officejet Pro 8620e). Expecting that the issue will be solved soon... kindly check & reply me, If there any misallocation exists in my printer settings in HPCONNECTED site. Expecting a valuable reply...

It's only a intimation Message to my support team. Thanks for reading me.. 

NOTE THAT IT'S NOT A NEW  ISSUE POST. So hide it from your forum.  Jai.

HP Recommended

Hi! @jhp_8620, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Have you tried connecting your printer to different PC running windows 10?

Please try the steps recommended below.

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

1.On the desktop, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon to open the tool.

2.Click Start on the Welcome screen.

3.Select your printer, and then click Next.

The Finding and Fixing Problems screen displays.

4.Click Fix Printing.

5.In the HP Print and Scan Doctor results screen, view the list of actionable results.

•If you see white checkmarks, the printer passed the tests. Click Test Print or click Skip.

•If you see a white wrench, Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it. Click Test Print or click Skip.

•If you see yellow exclamation points, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped. Click Test Print or click Skip.

•If you see a red X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot printer offline issues.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

sorry nothing to be found to fix the problem with my officejet pro 8620e issues. Still the problem exists. Then how can i Sorry from my side of inconvenionce. 

HP Recommended

@jhp_8620, Thanks for your generous response and time.

I appreciate your efforts in trying out the steps.

Please try restoring the network to defaults on your printer and check if it helps.

To restore the printer to the original network settings
1. From the printer control panel, touch and slide your finger across the screen, touch Setup, and
then touch Network Setup.
2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes.
A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.
3. Touch OK.
4. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Refer the printer user guide for more information.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.