cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Omni 10 Tablet stuck at startup post BIOS change

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have HP Omni 10 tablet and I made change to Secure Boot setting in BIOS as I wanted to install Windows 10 Technical Preview. After this change tab is stuck on "Operating System Boot Mode Change" screen and wants me to press Number + Enter for confirmation or ESC for continue without change. This is a tablet and doesnt have a physical keyboard!!!

I tried holding the Power key for 30 seconds and Volume Down + Power Key when turning on the laptop and it doesnt help, tablet just turns on to this screen. I have attached a screenshot.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nishant

HPOmni10StartupError.jpg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 609
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nishants  , welcome to the HP Forums. I understand you are unable to revert your BIOS after making changes, and now it won't load into Windows.
You will probably need a USB keyboard to revert the changes. I am not sure if even a factory reset is possible at this point.
Recovering Software on Your HP Tablet (Windows 😎

If this is not possible, the alternative is to contact HP phone support for more options:
Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836.
If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
HP technical support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation