Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jenstaf Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omni 27-1057c video card upgrade

Omni 27-1057c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to upgrade my computer. So far I've successfully upgraded the CPU, RAM and wifi/bluetooth adapater. However, I have not been able to successfully upgrade my video card.  I've purchased two different cards and when I install them the computer powers up but the screen is black. It seems like the computer is still functioning because when I remove the card and boot using the onboard video the system has installed drivers for each of the two cards I've tried.

This is my computer:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03377747

These are the two video cards I've installed:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-EliteOne-Radeon-Graphics-671864-002/dp/B00H71JJOS

https://www.amazon.com/Asunflower-GeForce-N13P-GL2-A1-660498-002-Graphics/dp/B01MF91A4P

I noticed that my computer doesnt have a cable connected to either the MXM_LVDS or UMA_LVDA ports which are located right above the MXM slot. Is this related to my problem? I've inspected the hardware and there does not appear to be a lose cable anywhere.  As far as I can tell there is nothing to plug into either one of those two ports.

I have also updated my bios, disabled secure boot and all power management functions (suggestions I read in other posts). So far nothing has worked. 

I've included a copy of my msinfo32 and a picture of the motherboard. I'm at my wit's end, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

msinfo32.png

mb.jpg

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71122 8573 18462
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The first card is compatible with the 51 machines including the following 27" machines

HP Omni 27-1010ef AiO PC FR
HP Omni 27-1200a AiO PC AUST
HP Omni 27-1200ee AiO PC ARAB
HP Omni 27-1200eg AiO PC GR
HP Omni 27-1200er AiO PC RUSS
HP Omni 27-1200es AiO PC SP
HP Omni 27-1202ed AiO PC NL
HP Omni 27-1210xt CTO Desktop PC
HP Omni 27-1265ef AiO PC FR

the second card is compatible with 14 machines insluding the following 27" machines

HP Omni 27-1100ee AIO PC ARAB
HP Omni 27-1100er AiO PC RUSS
HP Omni 27-1100et AiO PC TURK
HP Omni 27-1101ed AiO PC NL
HP Omni 27-1101er AiO PC RUSS
HP Omni 27-1140eg AiO PC GR
HP Omni 27-1180ef AiO PC FR 

Your 27" machine is not in BOTH lists therefore the simple answer: they are not compatible with your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jenstaf Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you direct me to where I can find a list of video cards that are compatible with my system? 

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
30 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have reviewed all available manuals as well as the "buying" website and found no listed Video cards.

However, if your system is booting with a UEFI type setting in the bios, there may be a security issue that is keeping you from adding a video card.

Go into the bios setup and see if you can find anything about a "legacy" booting option.  It may require you to disable the "secure boot" to do it.  Once you can boot in Legacy mode, it MIGHT be possible to install a Video card that will work.  From what I have read, though, you may not be able to display anything on your primary monitor because it is not being driven by the new video card.

Here is a reference to what I was talking about in another message.

Near the bottom of the discussion, it talks about the UEFI/Secure boot issue.

HTH,

Tlg

///
"Without [public] Data, you are just another person with an Opinion." W. Edward Demings, Data Scientist
---
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts." Senator and Professor Patrick Moynihan
---
0 Kudos
Tags (2)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation