Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mora2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omni 27 no sound after windows 8.1 upgrade

HP Omni 27
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi

i have an issue with the audio.

there is no sound after windows 8.1 upgrade.

when im in game mode- the sound works perfectly. but when im trying yo hear music from my computer or just go into Youtube- there is no sound.

i tried to check for driver update but the system is telling me that i have the updated version.

thanks!

Mor

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14557 1011 1506
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omni 27 no sound after windows 8.1 upgrade

Hi! @Mora2, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have audio issues with your PC.

Try few steps recommended below.

Go to settings in internet explorer.
Select Tools / click Internet Options 
click on the Advanced TAB 
Scroll down to - Multi-media 
Tick the box: 

If the issue still persists please try using a different browser.

Close any open ‘multimedia stuff’ like any Messenger, music or video player, etc.
Clear ALL your our Cookies, History and Temporary Internet Files. This ensures that NOTHING is interfering with YouTube’s settings.
Update your web browser to the latest version. If you’re holding off on updating your web browser because you’ve fallen in love with the current version.
If you’re using a video accelerator of any kind… get rid of it.
If you’re using a YouTube video downloader of any kind… well, get rid of that too.
You sure you using the right Flash player version? If you’ve recently updated Flash and now you cannot hear sound from YouTube, try going back to the previous version.
Check that your PC is using the RIGHT audio device.
– Open Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices.
– Select the Audio tab. (It is important that the Default device is the same as the audio device that you have installed!)

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation