Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Orbit on my computer and I loaded the App onto my phone.  When I try to pair them, I get the code number on my computer to type into my phone.  The problem is that when Orbit opens on my phone, the number keyboard opens for me to type in the code number, but it covers up the "PAIR" button.  So I can type in the code number but I cannot click the "Pair" button because it is covered by the number keyboard.  I've tried every which way to pull the keyboard down or move it so that I can click the pair button.  But nothing works.  If I cannot click the pair button, I cannot pair my devices.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone, but the same thing keeps happening.  This feature was the main reason I bought this HP computer.  If I can't use this App, I don't want the computer.

Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Interesting new feature on HP machines. Haven't gotten a machine yet with it included so no real knowledge of it- but have you tried rotating phone to see if the app supports it and maybe uncovers the Pair button?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks, I didn't think of that.  Unfortunately, the screen for this App won't rotate.

HP Recommended

Only other thing I can think of is check reviews of the app at app store to see if someone else has experienced the problem and has a solution. I am not really familiar with iPhone- Galaxy user here. The HP desktop app seems to be working since it detects and gives an access code.

HP Recommended

Nothing there.  But thanks for the suggestion.  I simply do not understand.  Surely someone else with an iphone has had this problem.  Hopefully they will see this post.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

You're welcome, sorry I didn't have the magic bullet. If I find anything I will post again.

HP Recommended

Haven't a clue if anyone really pays attention to feedback ,but worth a shot.

orbitfeedback@hp.com.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  It's worth a shot.

HP Recommended

There is also a support document for HP Orbit on Support Portal :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084237 

It contains HP Orbit FAQs

I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
HP Recommended

I've just bought my first HP laptop 2 days ago. I have exactly the same issue when trying to pair my iPhone 6 to the laptop. If it is a bug in the app I assume they will put a bug fix in with an update of the app. I suppose we will have to be patient until then. I do find it intolerable that these multi-million (billion) dollar corporations make such basic errors and do not test and re-test everything first. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.