Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion 23 All-in-one pc that keeps crashing, frequantly.  

Product name: 23-b320 

Product number: H6U09AA#ABA

Some of the errors i have had are below:

Kernel_Data_inpage_error

Critical_process_Died

Error code 0xc0000185

Start PXE over IPv4 then it would time out then I get Start PXE over IPv6 (on a black screen)

No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed (on a black screen)

Not sure if I just need to reinstall something, no software came with the computer.

I am out of warranty, please help!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Try Refresh:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03538721

Else Reset:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03546603

Else Recovery:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I have a 26 month old Pavilion Envy 23-B190ea AIO desktop with remote mouse/keyboard.

For the past year or so it crashes constantly - black screen and loud white noise/ shash in the speakers.

Also the bluetooth remote connection regularly fails to both devices above. Hard reset always needed!

Anyone with similar issues?

'kwfpyv'

HP Recommended

"Start PXE over IPv4 then it would time out then I get Start PXE over IPv6 (on a black screen)

No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed (on a black screen)"

Based on your input it would seem either that your systems boot priority is incorrectly configured to boot from a PXE network resouce before the hard drive; that your hard drive has failed, or both.

It's most likely that your hard drive has failed so your system then tries to boot from a network server using the Pre Execution Enviroment standard.

Confirm your hard drive's status running the HP Hardware Diagnostics Tool.

You don't need to boot into Windows to use these tools.

You can also run this tool to check the status of most other hardware components.

Here are the instructions:  HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks y2ken, I'm going to try doing that next , now that I've been able to install windows again using the HP Recovery tool.   I did get a blue screen message when I was having previous difficulties using the Windows 8 reset mode, i.e.     WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. which I believe may well indicate hard drive failure. Lets see!!!

HP Recommended

Microsoft indicates that the blue screen error you see is most likey the result of a "Fatal Hardware Error".

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon. Thanks!

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion keeps shutting down minutes after iam playing game

HP Recommended

First I would have you check for any updates available for your system, especially graphics driver or BIOS updates using HP Support Assistant.

Replying with you exact model number would be helpful.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
          If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.