cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
agrootcpa
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 23-q149c will not boot up. Error code: 0x0000225 OS is missing a critical system driver

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 23-q149c
The computer says it needs to have recovery tools used such as a disk or USB stick. When I set this up originally I downloaded everything from the cloud. Now I can't get past this recovery it says "Recovery your PC/device needs to be repaired. The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors you will need to use recovery tools if you don't have any installation media like a disk or USB device contact your PC administrator or PC device manufacturer.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
karthikeyan77
Level 4
Level 4
109 109 10 14
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IN this state , Your PC needs to be repaired

This error is received when a critical system file is missing or has become corrupted. It could also happen, when the Boot Configuration file BCD is missing some required information or has become corrupted. You can even see this message when you are upgrading to a higher version of Windows. The error codes mentioned, could vary from 0x0000098, 0xc000000f, 0xc0000034, 0xc0000225, 0xc000014C, etc. You can use the error code to find out the reason your computer will not work.

For instance here are what some of the the error codes stand for:

1. 0xc000000f – An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data
  2. 0xc000014C – The Boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors
  3. 0xc0000225 – Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
  4. 0x0000098, 0xc0000034 – Boot Configuration Data file missing required information or does not contain a valid OS entry.

The error message will usually include the suggestion that you will need to use the recovery tools on your installation media like DVD or USB to repair and recover your Windows installation.

To fix such errors, make sure you disconnect all external devices before you commence. Then you will have to insert your installation DVD or connect your USB to your laptop, restart your computer, and boot from the CD, DVD or USB drive, and select Repair your computer. .

Next, select Troubleshoot. Select the Reset This PC option. This should normally resolve your issue. A Refresh or a Reset PCusually fixes this problem. Do note that using Reset PC option will delete your data, so we trust you have backed up your data.

HP Notebook PCs - How to Restore Backup Files Created During the F11 Backup Procedure

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01673043

HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

Karthikeyan S
I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
krzemien
Level 7
731 713 31 171
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Regarding this and entirely out of my curiosity:

I have very recently upgraded my SSD to a larger one. I changed the size of the OS partion, naturally, and tried to keep recovery partition unaltered, at the end of the disk.

Needless to say that despite recovery parition remaining on the SSD, test recovery attempt with F11 upon booting finishes with dreadful 0x0000225 error.

I am not concerned too much about it though, as:

• I intend to keep old SSD unaltered
  • I have created recovery media already

And still, I was wondering whether there is anything I could do on the current (new) SSD to fix this situation (for completeness)?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation