Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 500-314
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My computer continues to crash daily.  It keeps telling me that something unexpected has come up and shuts down and re-boots.  Any help on this matter would greatly appreciated.  I am stumped.

Thanks Jim

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to test the hardware.

Press te power button and then  tap the Esc key.

That will invoke the startup menu, where you can press the F2 menu to access the diagnostics. 

Run the long system test.

Post the result here in your thread.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I also went into the event log and checked the windows/system.   This is what it says:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8008c9693ab, 0xffffd00024863138, 0xffffd00024862940). A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 040117-42953-01.

HP Recommended

Your best bet for a solution is to use system restore to roll the operating syste back to the state is was by use of a checkpoint dated bewfore the crashing began.

Did this issue start after a Windows update or installation, a driver update or new software installation?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I am running the long test. Will provide the results. it has 4 hours to go.

HP Recommended

I will have to go back into the event log to see when it started.  Currently running the long test for system extensive test.  Has about 4 hours to go.

HP Recommended

@earn wrote:

I will have to go back into the event log to see when it started.  Currently running the long test for system extensive test.  Has about 4 hours to go.

Very well. I will check your thread later to see if you have reponded.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.