Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (2,186 Views)

HP Pavilion DV9827 - locks up after sleep mode

I bought new HP Pavilion dv9827cl.  From day one I am having this problem.  When my laptop goes in sleep mode it does not come back normal.  I loose my network connection.  I can not start Internet explore.  I can not start Network setting to reconnect.  After few tries, my laptop shuts down and reboots by itself.  Some time I tried to shutdown laptop does not shutdown.  I have to hold power button for few seconds and power off the laptop.  Once I do this and repower on it works fine as long as I do not let my laptop go to sleep.  I even updated my BIOS twice first I tried flash "F.30", still same problem.  Thne recently I updated wiht "F.32" still same problem.  I even tried with HP support during my warranty period but I did not get any help.  They just send me some documents telling me how to setup sleepmode.  They told me due to sleep mode setting.  I even tried that.  I really got tired with this Laptop.  I will never purchase another HP.  I use this laptop my business and I hate to do cold boot all the time. 
Teacher
Message 2 of 2 (2,181 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV9827 - locks up after sleep mode

Disable sleep mode
Follow the steps below to disable sleep mode by changing the power scheme settings.
  1. Click Start > Control Panel > Mobile PC > Change when the computer sleeps .
  2. Select Never from both drop down menus beside Put the computer to sleep .
  3. Click the Save changes button.
The power scheme should now prevent the computer from entering the sleep mode.

" If you find it helpful, pls click on the blue KUDOS button on the left -side of the screen as an indication "
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation