Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (674 Views)

HP Pavilion Elite 300z CD/DVD Tray wont open fully

as you can tell from the title my HP Pavilion Elite 300z that i just opened this morning runs great and I'm really happy with the fast service, but i ran into a problem when i first turned it on it made a clicking/grinding noise and wouldnt open fully id say maybe 40-50% and would go no further and would shut itself and keep trying until i finally would make it stop. I would very much prefer not to send my whole PC in if there is a quick fix.. or even is it possible that i can just send my cd/dvd drive by itself since its still on warranty. Thanks in advance

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (673 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Elite 300z CD/DVD Tray wont open fully

Probably no quick fix for your CD/DVD drive problem.  If your PC is still under warranty then contact HP support.

HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (672 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Elite 300z CD/DVD Tray wont open fully

thank you for your speedy reply.I think your right though because it seems like the tray is being blocked by something... thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation