Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1330z CTO D
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello!  I have an HP Pavilion H8-1330z. I've only upgraded the RAM. Still running Windows 7 64-bit. As I should've expected, I've just about filled up my 1TB hard drive and would like to add an additional HDD. I can't seem to find any information about whether this system will handle a larger hard drive (2TB or larger) or whether I need to stick with an additional 1TB HDD. I was just going to have my local Best Buy install a new HDD, but the tech didn't seem to know if the computer could handle a larger drive, or if something specific had to be done to make it recognize the portion of the drive that's larger than 1TB. Didn't exactly instill a lot of confidence, so I'm here looking for answers. 🙂  Wish I was a little more tech-savvy.  I'm sure this is a simple answer, but I'm not sure how to confirm it.   From wandering around Windows support, it looks like the computer has to support UEFI (and not BIOS) to be able to recognize the larger drives. Sadly, I don't know what that means or how to find out if this old computer qualifies. 🙂  Thanks for taking the time to read this! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your PC had the following options that it could have been delivered with. 

Source:HP Pavilion HPE s3300 CTO Desktop PC specifications.

• 500 GB, 7200 rpm, SATA
  • 1 TB, 7200 rpm, SATA
  • 1.5 TB, 7200 rpm, SATA
  • 2 TB, 5400 rpm, SATA
  • 2 TB, 7200 rpm, SATA
  • 3 TB, 7200 rpm, SATA
  • 2 x 3 TB drives in RAID 1 (3 TB usable storage capacity), 5400 rpm, SATA
  • 3 x 1.5 TB drives in RAID 5 (3 TB usable storage capacity), 5400 rpm, SATA
  • 3 x 2 TB drives in RAID 5 (4 TB usable storage capacity), 5400 rpm, SATA
  • 128 GB Solid State Drive, SATA
  • 256 GB Solid State Drive, SATA
  • 2 x 160 GB Solid State Drive, RAID 0 (320 GB usable storage capacity) SATA

You can add an additional hard disk. It will recognize larger drives.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.