Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 3 (289 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion Media Center a1610n Problem

So I've been having this issue that started just today.

When I booted my PC : HP Pavilion Media Center a1610n - it goes to the boot up screen with the HP logo however it just stays there frozen.

Another thing that I have noticed is my mouse and keyboard are not being powered at all even though they are properly connected to their respective ports.

I'm not sure why it is acting up like this now. I've tried connecting the mouse to another PC and it worked, so there must be something wrong with the HP Pavilion itself.

Might it be the Motherboard or some circuit?

Other things to note I have had this PC reformatted about over a year ago with an installation of XP (as it originally came with XP).

Rebooted the PC and still has the same issues. CD Drive opens, the PC itself is powered and the screen is frozen at the blue HP start up screen. (Shows commands to exit the menu and all but cant even operate cause there's no power going to the keyboard.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Pavilion Media Center a1610n Problem

It is possible that a RAM module is either lost contact with the slot, or is defective. Re-insertion can help.

1) Write down what slots are occupied. Remove all RAM modules from motherboard. Here is the tech manual. Put 1 module in the slot near to the CPU. Depending on chassis, it might have a heatsink/Fan assembly.

2) Retest unit. Repeat with any additional modules.

3) Any module that tests OK can be re-installed in an appropriate slot.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is possible that a RAM module is either lost contact with the slot, or is defective. Re-insertion can help.

1) Write down what slots are occupied. Remove all RAM modules from motherboard. Here is the tech manual. Put 1 module in the slot near to the CPU. Depending on chassis, it might have a heatsink/Fan assembly.

2) Retest unit. Repeat with any additional modules.

3) Any module that tests OK can be re-installed in an appropriate slot.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served.
Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M 8GB Discrete Graphics (16GB RAM) 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro, 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 8GB, 500GB HD SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and OCZ 750W.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)

Thank you so much! That helped me a lot!

It works now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation