Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Media Center m8300f

I am working on an HP Pavilion Media Center m8300f and It won't let me install an operating system at all. When I put a Windows 7, Windows 10, or Windows Vista disk, It gives me an error 0x000001 or different code, the install freezes up or no display at all from the bios. This machine is very picky with ram, I reset the BIOS defaults and it did not work. I tried different sticks and it either won't display at all or gets stuck on the BIOS Splash Screen. I cleaned the ram slots and did not work.  Helpful Answers would be appericated, Thank You!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Windowsxpfan

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Media Center m8300f Desktop PC. I read that you are unable to install the Windows operating system. You have tried to install different versions of Windows and the issue persists. You have reset the BIOS defaults and it did not help. At times there is no display in the BIOS too. You ave reseated the memory and cleaned it too. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To me, it sounds like a hardware issue. Also, sometimes you cannot install a different operating system other than the one that was originally shipped with your PC. This is because of the motherboard tattooing.  However, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the PC.
  • Disconnected all cables and devices from the PC. Disconnect the power cable too.
  • Press and hold the PC power button for 10 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cable, keyboard, mouse and the monitor.
  • Power on the PC.

If the issue persists then perform a BIOS rollback

I hope this helps. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended
If you have a different computer, you can try and make an Ubuntu disk, then try from there.
HP Recommended

See: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/what-is-error-code-0x00000001...

for several suggestions, including reducing the RAM to 2GB before trying to install Windows.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.