cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
waclawdxb
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Mini Desktop - Model Number for BIOS Update Download

The HP Pavilion mini that I bought here in Dubai states that the Model is a "300-0xx", which is not recognised in the HP website when all models are shown in the drop-down list. I need to know the proper model number so as to download the correct BIOS update. This is in an attempt to resolve the problem I have with the 'File Explorer' hanging and not allowing me to access my external hard drive.

The 'board' selection above is very limited. No mini desktop?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
9,698 9,694 909 2,646
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I navigate to THIS PAGE, it gives the choice "Let HP find my products" and under that "Identify now" button.  The reason you cannot find the BIOS might be the model number is not "300-0xx"  The two xx's need numeric values for the HP site to see, maybe?

Since you are outside the US, it might not work the same for you, however.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
waclawdxb
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying to my query. I was trying to get the actual model number from HP, instead of the 0xx suffix so that I can search for the correct BIOS update. However, today my mnini desktop has just packed-up so it has to go in for repair. I think the fault in my pc is cauing the other problem I am trying to resolve. Thanks once again.

0 Kudos
Level 12
11,043 11,017 576 1,641
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> This is in an attempt to resolve the problem I have with the 'File Explorer' hanging and not allowing me to access my external hard drive.

My recommendation is to _never_ try to update the BIOS, unless you know that it will fix your specific problem.

Also, I very much DOUBT that a BIOS-update will fix the problem that you are reporting -- the problem lies elsewhere.

Instead, connect the external disk-drive to some other computer, to see if the symptoms "move" to that computer.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation