Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (433 Views)

HP Pavilion Slimline s3200n Desktop PC crashing with this message Bios Rom Checksum Error

The computer is only 3 years old & recently it started going black with this message:

Bios Rom Checksum Error

Detecting IDE ATAPI DEVICE

Found CD Rom, Try to boot from it....fail

Insert Disc & press enter

another error message : Host process for Windows stopped working & will close. Then a blue screen with aot of writing I did not get a chance to read.

I did a Memory Diagnostics test   & it stated that "hardware problems were detected. To identify & repair these problems you will need to contact the computer manufacturer.  This would do me no good as HP only covers warranty issues.

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 2 (408 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Slimline s3200n Desktop PC crashing with this message Bios Rom Checksum Error

ricko12

Well since your machine is out of warranty you can try a lot of things tosee if you can fix the BIOS Rom Checksum error. I'm not an expert with this subject but I did manage to find a lot of information out on the web by using an internet search engine and and typing "what causes BIOS ROM checksum errors"  There are a number of things you can do based on what I saw like changing your CMOS battery on your motherboard and resetting the system BIOS.  Sometimes I enter my question within this forum just to see if others have asked this same question. You'd be surprised how many times I've found other postings with the same questions / concerns with possible solutions. Best of luck with your hunt for a fix.

I work for HP. When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation