cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Slimline s5230la upgrade graphic card to match HP Pavilion Slimline s5230br

HP Recommended

I would like to add a graphics card to a slimline  s5230la  s5230 product specifications so that I can use 2 monitors, I learned that the slimline s5230br s5230br Product Specifications has almost the same configuration but it comes with a Radeon HD4350 video card, using the same 220W power supply.  I would like to know if a graphic card such as this should be compatible for this upgrade:  Asus ATI Radeon HD5450 Silence 

or if I might be able to get the upgrade card directly from HP .

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21
Level 21
126,102 116,283 18,876 28,802
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The one you selected should work. There are no power supply requirements listed which normally means it is a non-issue.

There are more reviews at the link below if you want more input and below that I pasted the link to ASUS' specs on the card and they don't list any P/S requirements either.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121447

http://usa.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH5450_SILENTDI1GD3LP/#specifications

If you want to go with the HD 4350, you may be able to get them still. At least you can in the USA. This one also makes no mention of a minimum power supply but it has a big heat sink which may be an issue depending on how many other cards you have in your PC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127544

Paul

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am looking at this model HIS Radeon HD 5450 Silence 1 GB (64bit) DDR3

in the product description it reads "Consumes less than 20 watts under full load",

and in a cosumer image they show the card on a slimline s5113w with no power issues

however on newegg and the manufacturer site they are suggesting a 400 W power supply

HIS 5450 Silence 1GB DDR3 Website  

0 Kudos
Level 21
Level 21
126,102 116,283 18,876 28,802
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think you will be OK. Many manufacturer's overstate the P/S requirements of the card so that they don't get held responsible if you blow out your P/S.

The fact that it only consumes a max of 20W means you should be fine. Slimline PCIe slots may only be rated at 25W, so you are well within the specs.

As you saw AMD did not set requirments and other video card manufacturer's didn't either.

I have an HIS silent Radeon HD 6570 in my HP 8200 Elite. Says the same thing. P/S of 400W. My P/S is only 325 W and the 6570 is a supported card by HP for the model.

I like my HIS card very much. No problems, great video performance for what I use it for.

If you like the card and the reviews, go for it.

Paul

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation