Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 550-110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I turn on the PC, before the Windows log-in screen shows, a window to enter a start-up password pops up. I've tried entering in my Windows password but no matter what I put in, after three incorrect password attempts it tried to automatically self repair and diagnose the problem. It then restarts and the same startup password window pops up. I can't figure out a way out of the loop wihtout the startup password itself, and I don't know what it could even be.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CM1201

Does the password screen look like this???

original[1].jpg

REO

HP Recommended

Yes, that is exactly what it says.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Ok so I read it. It says I need a rescue CD? And I need to recover my backup files
HP Recommended
Do I need to do that? And if I do how can I if I can't get pass the startup password
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.