cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
1 0 0 3
Message 1 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion a6042n won't boot past Blue HP invent screen

I am not a techie and I have never relaced a drive or anything.  But any help would be greatly appreciated.  When I turn on my HP Pavilion a Blue Screen comes up and just sits there.  It says"HP invent" in the middle, then along the bottom it says "Esc= Boot, F10= System Setup, F11= System Recovery".  After many, many times of turning the computer off with the shut off button and back on and hitting Escape rapidly, I was able to boot up from the bootup screen, I guess is what you call it.  It took a long time to come up.  Computer works fine in that mode.

I ran my Anti Virus, my Ad aware, deleted cookies, temp files, defraged the disk and even restored to a few days ago before this happened.  I then restarted my computer and I am back to the same blue screen and once again it took forever to boot up.

I was not having any issues with the computer before this happened.  Any ideas?  And if it is in layman's terms, that would be best.

Thanks so much!

T in Nevada

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I get a red code saying BIOHD-2 in red color. tells me to turn off system, check to see if cables are sururely attached. IN set up, computer reconizes dve/cd drive but says no drive installed for my HD. Hard Drive problem it seems. My computer is only 4months old and bought it from Cir City, which all stores are now closed!

Also I get Boot Disk Failure, insert system disk and press enter. I do not have a system disk. Never came with computer.

I don't want to open computer to check cables on HD. What to do??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention my model is different than yours. I have the HP Pavilion model a 6700f

I have same troubles as I said . I also press system restore, and 5, and nothing happens. Only the set up works, only to tell me I have no HD, only dvd/cd drive and a boot path that says BOOTH PATH ERROR, No Drives detected! All I get is the same Blue screen just before system is suppose to start.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
183 183 10 35
Message 4 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

nhbuck, take off your side panel and check to make sure your power connection and SATA cable are still attached to your hard drive. it is the rectangle shaped box installed below your DVD drives. Basically it sounds as if your hard drive has died, like it is not even powering up.Your computer has an one year warranty from hp, you should call the hp support line to get the hard drive replaced 1-800-474-6836
Kudos appreciated if question answered or solution provided
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
183 183 10 35
Message 5 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

nevdolly,

Try this to test your hardrive, when you start it tap the F10 to bring you into Bios (the setup)  make sure the date and time is right. Go down to the lsit where your harddrive listed using the arrow keys. hit enter --on next page highlight smart support--do the smart support short test --if no errors go to the long test. It sounds like you are having read element errors on the drive, if no errors than do an windows startup repair thru safe mode F8 upon startup. If you evr get into your normal desktop again DO a back up so you won't lose anything. You might have to end up doing a recovery.

Kudos appreciated if question answered or solution provided
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have the same problem with my hp pavilion slimline s3507c. I have been trying all week to get it past the hp invent screen. My keyboard works for about half a second before it gets to the screen and then stops working all together right when I need to press escape. I am 15 and sadly i am the most experienced with computers. I was wondering if there was a somewhat less complicated waybto get past this issue. My mom thinks that just simply unplugging everything works or replacing the key board and I have tried both so I just need a simple way past this issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 2
Message 7 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got through this problem.  System would not boot passed the blue HP screen until I removed my camera's SD card.  I truly hope y'allz problems turn out as simple as this 🙂

Highlighted
Level 10
4,494 4,482 314 1,466
Message 8 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello StudioDining, Had this happen many times on different systems, including Dell systems.

Seems to be a common problem.

Thanks for sharing.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 9 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's how my desktop started off...then it got worse.  I bought my computer 15 months prior and it was 3 months out of warranty. Turns out the hard drive was corrupted and had to be replaced.  $250 later, I still had to buy Windows Vista because HP wouldn't give me my product key code when I registered the computer with them.  (Why do we register if they can't give us the info later?)  Plus, I had to buy Microsoft Office to install.  Word of advice:  Back up your stuff and never buy HP again.  The customer service is crap.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 10 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem is nervdolly but I took the sides off and when I boot up my computer it stays at the blue hp invent screen. The hard drive will make a sound like a fan starting but then it will make a loud clicking noise and then stop trying to run and repeat. Then when I unplug my hard drive from the power it will load. I dont know what to do.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation