cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sdrssc
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Pavilion a6530f "Error Code: BIOHD-4 Unitialized/corrupt boot structure detected"

HP Pavilion a6530f

will not start:

Received the following Error Code in running "PC Doctor Diagnostics"

"Error Code: BIOHD-4 Unitialized/corrupt boot structure detected"  

The Instruction was to:  "contact HP Support"

How do I proceed? Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Level 15
Level 15
21,633 21,257 2,445 8,116
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Pavilion a6530f "Error Code: BIOHD-4 Unitialized/corrupt boot structure detected"

Sdrssc, welcome to the forum.

This error message is telling you that your hard drive has failed.  Here is the Solve a problem section for the hard drive.  You can run the SMART test from the BIOS.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

6,936 6,932 719 2,764
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This indicates hard drive hardware failure. Please replace the hard drive. Refer the following weblink for more information:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph05701

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
sdrssc
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can I recover what is on the hard drive?

0 Kudos
sdrssc
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you Vidya. I have some back-up discs, (approx. 3 weeks old). Is there AAlso have recovery discs from when computer was new. Can I recover what is on the Hard Drive now?
0 Kudos
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 719 2,764
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If you system is booting to Windows, I suggest you immediately take the backup of the data before the hard drive dies completely.

If you have recovery discs, you can use them to restore the system to factory settings.

If you do not have them but if the system is working, you can create them quickly.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
puntti69
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i got this problem the code from top has been done it and i can't star my window's i think's hard disk is totally crashen if i replaced new one, would i need to buy a new cd to put it on or i can just change my hard disk ??

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,429 3,390 129 675
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @Puntti69,

You’re stating your computer is also getting the BIOHD-4 message, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

If you replace your hard drive with a hard drive that is blank you would need to also have the operating system disks available. It's rare to come across a store bought hard drive with an operating system on it because all the correct software and drivers would have to be installed on the hard drive already.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
puntti69
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

So is that correct i need to replace my hard drive with the new one , do i need a new window disk to baj up my windows cause i have no recovery disk on now. Ty for answer i'm on change my hard drive disk soon
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,429 3,390 129 675
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Puntti69,

You can order the disks from HP that is specifically for your computer, that will include all the drivers and software that came with your computer. Here is the link that will let you check and see if the disks are available, just insert your computer information.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation