cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
F_Xavi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dm1-4302ep won't boot Win 10

PC notebook HP Pavilion dm1-43
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

My mom has PC notebook HP Pavilion dm1-4302ep which was running Windows 8 (64-bit), she gave it little use, actually it has been a few months since it was turned on. But since my computer is having his last breath, i decided to start using my mom's computer, and bring up to date installing Windows 10 Home. I went to Microsoft web page, did the download, choosed to erase everything, and left it running during the night. When i woke up the computer was stuck in the first page, with de HP blue logo in the back and won't move. I tried the safe mode, I tried to upgrade the bios (but i can't create the drive on the USB key), i tried to run the system's recovery, i tried to go back in the updates, back everything ends up in that black screen with the HP logo in the back.

Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
18,214 18,159 1,699 3,990
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dm1-4302ep won't boot Win 10

F_Xavi

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems booting Win10 and wanted to help -- but need more information.

Your post is confusing.  You said you erased everything, but then you also talk about trying to back up in the updates.

So, if everything was erased, where did these updates come from?

Also, did you erase the entire contents of the drive (i.e., all the partitions)?

And, did you boot from Win10 installation media to do the installation, or did you try to do that from inside the existing Windows desktop?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation