cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gar-Dog
Level 1
12 5 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Pavilion h8-1031 UEFI Application

I am trying to find the setting to enable Virtualization on a HP Pavilion h8-1031   

There is no listing of it in BIOS,  When I hit esc during boot, I have a option called RUN UEFI Application--- but when I click on that nothing happens...  Any idesa..

Also..   The system came with Windows 7 (64-bit)   I recently upgraded to Windows 8 (64-bit)

I can not get VMWare Workstation 8 to create a 64-bit windows 7 system... I get an error that the longmode is disabled  (or something like that)

Thanks in advance...

Gary

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
109,651 99,828 15,580 23,940
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, Gary:

I don't have your model PC but on mine when I hit the ESC key I get a menu of several things to choose from.

One is F10 which gets me into the BIOS.

You can try tapping the F10 key on boot and see if that gets you into the BIOS menu.

Once you figure out how to access the actual BIOS setup menu you should find the VT setting like the picture below in the security menu.

Carmel2 bios VT setting.jpg

I can't help with your other question regarding VMWare. I don't know anything about that program.

Paul

Gar-Dog
Level 1
12 5 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I thought I looked at every menu in the BIOS....

Thanks...  Worked like a charm....   

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
109,651 99,828 15,580 23,940
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
psoas
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How can I burn a disk fromm web site

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation