cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CNLuVega Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion m7750n starts with a green light; monitor doesn't recognize the PC

So, here's the issue. I have a m7750n desktop. It was in storage for a while and when I plugged it back up, the front power lights came on, the fans started going, a green light on the back (where the power supply is) was lit solid, and there was a beep sequence. Also, the monitor doesn't recognize the PC and just goes to sleep...

I read up on the issue and found out the CPU could be the issue so I got a new one. After replacing the CPU, the beeping stopped but the other signals continued (lights, fan, sleeping monitor). I bought a replacement power supply and the issue remains. Before I put any more money into this, I wanted to see if someone has some experience with this issue. 

Side note: There is one yellow wire that I just found that broken. The markings show (07.00B) on the black rubber centerpiece of this wire. It's a small yellow wire that is connected to the light grey cable group and it connects to the empty front left port of the PC.

Please help

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Grad Student
Grad Student
251 247 14 52
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try replacing the CMOS battery on the mainboard.

It should  be a CR-2032 you can buy about anywhere.

0 Kudos
CNLuVega Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The battery replacement didn't work. The light is still on, no recognition of the PC by the monitor, and the fans are running high 😕   The beeps went away when I changed the CPU, but I still can't figure out the light issue or why the monitor doesn't recognize the PC. My thoughts are it's either the yellow cable that snapped, or ultimately the motherboard.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation