Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2113er
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello, whether you can help me with up-dating search BIOS as it wasn't updated from the purchase, there are problems with the video card Asus Geforce GTX1050 expedition the picture on loading of Bios stiffens then there is 1 peep - the dark screen - peep the picture of Bios again, later 5-10minut windows boots, in a device manager the card is defined, but the text is the device was disconnected with exclamation point, the power supply unit is replaced on 500W, in case of start on the video card coolers are scrolled, I hope for your help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Andrey33,

According to the HP support page, that unit was issued/released March 2012. The original OS was WIN 7.   UEFI vBIOS, which newer cards like the GTX 1050 use, will never work with a BIOS based system.  That's why your getting the "beep".

That being said,  you might be in total disbelief.  Go here, and run the program. 

You need to see for yourself, its either BIOS or UEFI.

What makes it worse is you can not fix/upgrade to UEFI. 

And your gonna get a hefty return fee (I paid $50).

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

if I have correctly understood at me there is a version of BIOS AMI 7.14, 10/21/2011. I apologize for my English I use the translator how I have understood on my system not to turn out to start gtx1050?, at least in what direction to me to move also that it is possible to change then thank you that have answered

HP Recommended

@Andrey33,

Follow this link.   http://kb.parallels.com/en/115815

What is your system, BIOS or UEFI

What is your native language?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I from Russia. In a file Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect loading environment was highlighted: Detected boot environment: BIOS . it is just interesting to me whether there is an exit from this situation, and whether start of this card on this system is possible

HP Recommended

Sorry, I needed to post in Russian.  Hope translation worked.

Компьютер - март 2012 года. Исходной операционной системой была WIN 7. GTX 1050 никогда не будет работать с системой на базе BIOS. Вот почему вы получаете

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

everything, I understood now thank you that responded, means it is necessary to buy the motherboard to a heap.

HP Recommended

No, not motherboard. The GTX1050 will not work with that board, just get a GTX 660

Нет, не материнская плата. GTX1050 не будет работать с этой платой, просто получите GTX 660

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.