cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
drweb
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Pavilion p6210f Desktop PC & Samsung 2253bw - screen blank, digital..

HP Recommended

Hello,
HP Pavilion p6210f Desktop PC & Samsung 2253bw.. screen went blank, can't see anything on bootup, so tried the monitor on another PC, and can see it, but it's analog. Reconnected, can't see screen still, and source for digital goes black all blank. Not sure how to fix this one.. any help, e-mail us at Drweb2@gmail.com .. thanks!

Best,

DrWeb

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,810 5,049
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dr. Web,

Did you try doing a monitor self test?

If your PC doesn't have a discrete video card then the problem might be the on board (motherboard) video chip is faulty. If you don't have a discrete video card then the EVGA NVIDIA 240 GT 1 GB DDR5 should work with the 300 watt power supply in your PC.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
drweb
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We thought we had fixed it, after hours with HP support. I was trying F10 and changed the setups in advanced, and the monitor came back to life when I exited the setup F10 BIOS screens. It worked for a few days, it seems, and then today, my wife called and it's same thing -- has gone on its own to a blank screen. Turning it on and off did not do anything. I will have to contact HP again about this. There's a BIOS update I think I should try, but they have discouraged me from doing it so far -- though it says it solves this problem???!!!!? Very frustrating... I wonder if it's NVADIA software or other? I did (when we had it for a brief period) check the power saving settings, and hard drive = never, and screen = never. Something is forcing this PC into a power save mode and it will not wake properly with keyboard or commands. Sigh...

Best,

DrWeb

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Neal1971

Thank you for your reply. 🙂 

I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

As @A4Apollo is out of the office today, I will help you with this case. You are correct about the NVRAM reset. Let us perform the steps to fix the AiO:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Now please uninstall the HP AiO app from your Mac computer and then please download and install it by referring to this link: http://hp.care/2fCNSCS

Hope this information helps. Please keep me posted for any further help. Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Neal1971
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @MKazi,

still no joy after performing the steps you outlined.

This needs to be looked at one of the App developers as it has been a bug for quite a while.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation