cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MELL069
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion p6741c-b

HP Recommended
p6741c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have my hp HP Pavilion p6741c-b  desktop that recently semi-died on me. Unfortunately, there is no video display when connected to my monitor, but the computer is on. I tried my projector as well, but no go. I took out the RAM and reinstalled it. I took out the CMOS battery then put it back in after 30 seconds. And I know my hard drives work because I connected them to my laptops externally viaESATA to sata and my laptops read them noramlly and I can see all my data. This is very weird and am looking for some help! 

1 REPLY 1
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 14,892 1,811 2,999
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Review this document. Even though your particular PC is not listed, I would contact HP Support anyway and see if your particular model was added to the list.  The symptoms appear to be similar.

HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

Try your monitor and cable on another PC.  Alternatively, try a known good PC monitor and cable on your PC.

Another thing that you could try is to use a discrete low wattage graphics card.  HP should have plenty of low wattage graphics cards in stock. A local PC repair shop might have one that could be used for testing.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z590, i7-11700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation