cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion p7-1080t with GTX1060 card will not boot

HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1080t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading my power supply to 760W, I replaced my AMD Radeon HD 6450 with an MSI Geforce GTX1060 GPU.  When I started the PC, it stopped at the blue HP screen.  I then reinstalled the AMD card and it started fine.  Tried uninstalling the AMD driver with the GTX1060 back in with no luck.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,226 86,111 10,947 23,513
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please update BIOS on your machine. This may help.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have updated the BIOS and it did not help. The GTX 1060 may be incompatible.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation