cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jld1945
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion p7-1102 Desktop PC Windows 8 64 bit unable to shut down

I do not find anything on the link you provided.

I am new to Windows 8. How do I get to the restore, refresh, and recovery that you suggested.

Sorry about the late reply but I have be gone all day.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Level 8
Level 8
559 554 40 286
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-search/search-results.html?ajaxpage=1#/page=1&/cc=us&/lang=en&/qt=c03489...

sorry about that - one of the messed up functions of the HP Web-site is the fact that everytime I search for something it sets my language to Angora and can't tell I'm in the US... and so most of time my URLs are messed up then.

the one above I'm hoping will work.

bill

I'm an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jld1945
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks much! The link did work this time.

I tried the msconfig suggestion but it still would not shut down.

Since this computer is only a few day old, would you suggest that I return it to the place of purchase?

Thank You,

0 Kudos
Level 8
Level 8
559 554 40 286
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try a recovery first -

disconnect EVERYTHING except Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and Power. After recovery does it shut down? Because I really don't think it is the PC I think it is something connected to it or something you loaded on it.

if that doesn't work then yeah return it... but I really don't think it is related to the hardware.

bill

I'm an HP employee
0 Kudos
jld1945
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks! I am currently doing a refresh. Will let you know if that corrects to problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation