Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (239 Views)

HP Pavilion s3507c Desktop PC (Vista Home Premium)

I was re-sizing text copied from MSWord 2007 to PowerPoint 2003 when my HP Pavilion s3507c Desktop PC (Vista Home Premium) computer froze. After some minutes I manually switched it off. On re-switching at the mains it booted successfully but froze again after a couple of minutes although there was something about BIOS and Checksum that disappeared before I could capture the full message. It froze again and a blank screen continues to "appear" each time I try to re-boot even if there is a whirring sound while the power switch is on. Furthermore the optical mouse, Caps Lock and Num Lock do not light up at all; the green pilot light on the side of the screen turns to amber after a few seconds. What has happened and how can I resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion s3507c Desktop PC (Vista Home Premium)

[ Edited ]

Hello zimanimoto. Please refer to this document for troubleshooting your issue regarding to being unable to start the computer: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00899280

Please let me know if the steps resolved the issue or not. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation