cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mssmooth173
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion will not boot

Pavilion P7-1520t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer will not boot. The power supply light in the back turns on.  Fans turn on.  CD-ROM functions.  No USB power and no LED light on the front.  It does not come on at all when the computer turns on.  When I turn on the power, I hear nothing but the fans, the screen is blank and keyboard and mouse have no lights.  I have tested the monitor, keyboard and mouse and they are functioning.  I think it could be the BIOS or either a motherboard problem.  I need some help to narrow down the problem.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
18,177 18,122 1,693 3,980
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mssmooth173

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your desktop PC no longer starting and wanted to help.

While this probably covers stuff you've already tried, there may be some additional troubleshooting steps you can try:  HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8) | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
mssmooth173
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This article did nothing for my problem.  Steps 1 - 3 are not my problem.  It seems they have troubleshooting steps for everything else but my problem.  There seems to be either a motherboard problem or BIOS.  Thanks for the assistance anyway.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
18,177 18,122 1,693 3,980
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, but this is just a community forum staffed by volunteers and we have no way of troubleshooting or repairing your PC from here.

All we can do here is provide links to troubleshooting steps that HP has written -- and if those links don't diagnose or fix the problem, your only recourse is to take the PC into an authorized HP Service Center and have them look at it.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation