Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
StephlMiller07 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Pavillion 23 Windows 8 upgrade -- missing wireless

I have a HP Pavillion 23. I upgraded to Windows 8 yesterday. As I went through the final stages of set up, it kept telling me to hook up the ethernet cable, the only option it gave me to connect to the internet. My PC came with a wireless card installed, which worked perfectly before the upgrade. I have searched everywhere and the wireless is just gone. It does not detect any wireless device at all. Help!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
100566 13879 21322
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Gone, as in not even showing up in the device manager as a Network Controller with the little yellow ! mark?

If that is the case, I have no idea. 

You didn't have any software that used to turn the wireless on or off, did you?

I don't see any listed.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Gone, as in not even showing up in the device manager as a Network Controller with the little yellow ! mark?

If that is the case, I have no idea. 

You didn't have any software that used to turn the wireless on or off, did you?

I don't see any listed.

Correct. I looked in the Device Manager and saw nothing--not even the yellow ! mark. I guess it's possible that I'm seeing it listed and not recognizing it as a wireless device, but I don't think I am.

As far as having software turning it on and off, I don't believe that I did. If I did, I didn't use it. This is a new computer and I haven't spent a lot of time on it.

Ugh. I am SO frustrated!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100566 13879 21322
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You would see it listed as a Network Controller along with all the other devices in the device manager.

It would have a little yellow ! mark on the lower right of the Network Controller.

It will not be under the network adapters section of the device manager.

Did you just try installing the driver for it anyway?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-112272-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The driver worked. Thank you! I had to take the computer into the next room just so I could hook up the ethernet cable, but it was worth it. Thank you, again.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100566 13879 21322
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

Next time, download the driver onto another PC.

Copy it to a USB flash drive, plug the flash drive into your PC needing the driver, and then install the driver from the flash drive.

Then you don't need to worry about moving the PC, or hooking it up to anything.

0 Kudos
Darla54 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can I download driver on another laptop and then download on desktop? I only have Hotspot.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation