cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
phill112306
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavillion 500-424 Wireless adaptor upgrade

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently have a RELTEK 8188EE 802.11 bgn wi-fi adaptor, but I would like to update to an adaptor that supports 5G.   

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,967
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@phill112306

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you want information on upgrading the wireless adapter on your HP HP Pavillion 500-424 desktop PC,

I'll love to help, however, to provide an accurate solution I need a few more details:

If you've got a 5G network, the same card should connect and works with the network, however, with minimal or reduced speed, is it working?

Are you connected to a network that successfully establishes a working connection?

That said, HP doesn't have options to upgrade the Wifi card as we only supply replacements for any defective or faulty parts with the same equipment that was shipped during purchase,

If you wish to upgrade it, either way, it would be at your own discretion and the best thing to do in your scenario is to go for an external USB dongle that supports 5g, that way you wouldn't have to open your computer apart nor go through the trouble of identifying the best-supported card compatible with your motherboard and so on.

You could look for USB WiFi dongles at a nearby store.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation