Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion HP w2207h
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello there!
I've been using this monitor for 7 years and I have been encountering this problem for 2 years every time I start up my computer. Now I finally decided to seek solutions for this problem. My monitor power lights up for 3 secs and it disappear for 1-2 secs and lights up again for 3secs and this goes on for 10-15minutes before it could finally show the screen. So it is like 10-15 minutes of black screen and no sign of power. Pressing menu or other buttons doesn't work because it doesn't have any power in it. So I tried a different cord and it has the same problem. I tried a different monitor and both cords are working fine. It is only the monitor itself and I was wondering the monitor could be worn out or there's something wrong with the monitor.

Thanks for reading and I hope to receive your help as soon as possible!
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

A service life of seven years makes it a venerable product.

After even five years, whioch is also a respectable service lilfe, when it begins to  fail, it should probably be put out to pasture.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.