cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
uoil
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pro 3010 MT Memory Modules Compatibility Issues

Hello

we wanted to upgrade our memory from 2GB to 4GB by adding another 2GB memory module.

we followed the requirements from this HP document :

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/performMaintDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=4...

and ended up buying Transcend JM1333KLN-2G, which following the specs on the manufacturer's site, is compatible with our PC. this is from Transcend's site:

http://www.transcendusa.com/support/dlcenter/jetram/product/Pdf/JM1333KLN-2G_2810_S.pdf

after the module installation, the PC won't boot, beeping a short beep followed by a long one (memory problem).

i tried the same module on an identical HP Pro 3010 PC, with the same results.

i tried connecting only the Transcend module , with the same results.

right now i have 2 worthless Transcend modules.

Please advise,

Yonathan Grunewald,

IT

Ulpan-Or International LTD

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 10
Level 10
2,171 2,094 101 363
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi uoil,

In comparing the two spec pages, I suspect the Transcend module is not compatible because of it's CAS latency. The PC memory spec says:
support CAS latency 9 DDR3 1333 MHz (9-9-9 timing)

And the Transcend says:

Programmable /CAS Write Latency (CWL) = 7

So the PC expects a 9 and the module only offers a 7. That is my hunch anyway.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
uoil
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.
Actually there are two references to CAS.
One : Programmable /CAS Write Latency (CWL) = 7

The other one(and relevant one) is Programmable CAS Latency: 6, 7, 8, 9

Timings are not related to CWL AFAIK
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
2,171 2,094 101 363
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hmmm...The Transcend specs don't seem to list all the info. You might try scanning your PC at http://www.crucial.com/ and see what memory it says you need and see if it is the same as the Transcend.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
uoil
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for the tip, ill try it.

to tell you the truth, in all my almost 10 years of experience in PCs i've never seen a MOBO act so tough on memory modules...

0 Kudos
Level 10
Level 10
2,171 2,094 101 363
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know how frustrating it can be when things like this happen.  Sorry for the experience you are having with trying to upgrade the memory on it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation