cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ithseeker Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pro 3130 MT doesn't turn on.

Hello, I have HP MS-7613 ver1.1 motherboard, with full HP case: HP Pro 3130 MT  It was working just perfect until yesterday - when I replaced the power supply(for test purpose). It stopped working with that power supply, then I turn it on with his own (working) power supply, but again the motherboard didn't responses at all, I am pretty sure that the problem accrued because of fault power supply(it was refurbished one) I think the power supply send to much electricity to motherboard and then it failed to start... I tried too reset the CMOS settings, also tried to unplug all the cables(including ram,HDD etc) and left the comp for 1 day, but without success ( Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
24,315 20,781 2,362 7,904
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ithseeker, welcome to the forum.

I don't believe that the PSU would cause your motherboard to fail.  The computer will only draw the amount of power that it requires to operate properly.  The only way damage could occur would be if you created a short circuit.  

I suggest checking to assure that all of the connections from the PSU are correct.  

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE motherboard; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Teacher
75 73 5 18
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ithseeker

By replacing the PSU there shouldn't be any issue with the motherboard, There should be somthing missing while replacing the PSU.

Check out the below link

Troubleshooting Power Supply Issues

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
Ithseeker Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for answers and suggestions ,

I carefuly follwed Troubleshooting Power Supply Issues instructions, but unfortunately they do not solve my problem..

As I mentioned in my previous  post, the Power Supply which I used was refurbished one, I just wanted to check if it works or not(in my HP the power supply was working perfectly) I even used another working PS, but again motherboard don wanna start...      

Also would like to add that I used the rufurbished PS on intel D101GGC MB and it was working fine for some 1.2 weeeks then it suddenly started to work bad, exsacly - after turning on the comp was working for some 1-2 minutes then turns off, but the motherbord was not got damaged..  So I am wondering doesn't tHP motherbords have surge protectors for shirt circuits ?

Again my only thought is that because of bad refurbished PS my motherboard got damaged..

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation