cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IAsysadm
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ProDesk 600 G1 TWR Intel NIC Driver 1217-LM will not work with Windows Deployment Server

HP Recommended

PC jumps on the network fine, no problem although after I PXE boot and it does grab an IP address from the (2008R2) Windows Deployment Server - it starts loading Windows but then comes up with the error "WDS Client - ...  a matching network card driver was not found in this image.  (Oh, by the way, when I made this 64x image that I've been using successfully on our HP 6200 and HP 6300 PC's for two months now, I did follow HP's instructions on how to make a Common HP Windows Image.   Basically- no drivers - so it could be used on all the different models of HP's that we have).

Upon googling it and seeing the multitude of other people running into the same problem, I tried several solutions, including injecting the NIC driver into my boot image on the WDS but that made no difference either. 

Do I need to use an older Intel NIC driver in order to make this work or should I upgrade to Server 2012 R2 WDS or a different technology? 

It seemed like a lot of the other posts I read on - it was affecting other network imaging softwares also Like Symantec and Altiris. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!  

1 REPLY 1
Todde0983
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have a solution for this issue.

Crate a new boot.wim with an Windows 8 Install DVD on your WDS.

That fixed it for me.

Any Bios Updates , Patches, DriverUpdates are´nt working with an WDS Setup boot.wim from a Win 7 Setup DVD or older.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation