Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I try to install window 7 Professional x64, can't install, it won't continue..

ANy idea about this ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello indunildaluwatt,

Welcome at the HP forums,

I need a little more information in order to help you. 

Can you please tell me where it stops installing?

Winos

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

Ok, I have dealt with this issue off and on since I started my new job. The issue if I am reading this correctly is that when you try to install any flavor of Windows 7 on the ProDesk 600 G2, it will not install. Now, if I am guessing, you try to install it, and you get to the screen that says install Windows, and it has Windows 7 and in the lower right it has next. Under most circumstances you click next, choose what to do with your hard drive and how you want to install it etc. But at this point, no matter what you do, you cannot get it to install because you can't get past this screen.

It is easy enough if you have Windows 7 Professional as the needed install, because HP was kind enough to give you the option to download that installer along with the driver pack. Just look for the Software - Restore CD tab and download it. You will want to have a large >32 gig flash drive or a spare usb hard drive laying around, because the program is going to flash your drive, reformat it and basically put a executable image on your drive. Then you boot the system with that drive and it will install.... just follow the prompts.

Now, if you are going to install Windows 7 without that fun little feature, you need to know a few things about the new PCs. They only have native USB 3.0 and Windows 7 only has native USB 2.0 drivers. It will never work to do a straight install.

The best way to install Windows 7 on the HP Prodesks, or any HP product that only has USB 3.0 drivers is to follow the guide to slipstreaming USB 3.0 that you will find on this link.... http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/converting-your-dell-windows-reinstallation-dvd-into-a-rei... . I just built the Windows 7 install as it directs, and installed it on a Prodesk G2 on 2/8/2017 so I know it works. If you do not know how to make it work, get with someone that knows scripts. The directions work as the computer is fully working other than needing the drivers which I will be putting on it in a few min.

You probably will only want to follow the part about USB 3.0 drivers... the rest of it I cannot attest to.

Best of Luck to you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.