cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
enigma1000 Tutor
Tutor
18 10 0 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP_RECOVERY(D:) is nearly full

Bummer.

I pressed the wrong button.

Problem not solved yet.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
201 201 9 35
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

enigma1000

Can you share the model and product number for your system?  Also what OS is running on it? Once  I have that information I can attempt to troubleshoot what the issue is.

I work for HP. When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
201 201 9 35
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Also

From amother posting....

Recovery partition is a set size and number of files by default, and should not change unless you accidentally save files there.HP sets it up at a minimum size required to hold only your Recovery files.For instance on my HP laptop the Recovery partition is 9.85 gb and has 1.95 gb free.On my desktp pc it is around 11 gb with around 2 gb free(I think).

If you have saved files there move them to your C drive.You might also check System Restore to be sure it is not monitoring D:.Right click 'Computer' icon,choose Properties.In the window that opens,look for System Protection in the left sidebar.After selecting it,give it a minute to scan and load.If 😧 is checked ,uncheck it.

I work for HP. When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
enigma1000 Tutor
Tutor
18 10 0 0
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

0 Kudos
Retired SedonaF
Retired
1539 619 23 131
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

enigma,

Your posts are appearing as blank. Try using a different browser to post, or try switching your current browser to compatibility mode.

To get a better response it also helps if you give more information about your issue, such as product name, number, and OS.

Thank you,

SunshineF
HP Support Forums Moderator

enigma1000 Tutor
Tutor
18 10 0 0
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hello sunshinef. ithank you for your response. i did  just now adjust my compatability view. Did this work? (test ..really) sloppy writing, my apologies..

0 Kudos
enigma1000 Tutor
Tutor
18 10 0 0
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi SunshineF.I have adjusted the compatability view, and have now seen my reply to your response. Thank you for that advice. Will I now be able to see a Thread running?  where should I put my operating system etc. details?

0 Kudos
enigma1000 Tutor
Tutor
18 10 0 0
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello Cooper56.

I am new to this Forum, and was unable to navigate it correctly. A kind Moderator (SunshineF) enlightened me to adjusting my compatability settings.

Model number:   p6755a

Product number:   B2534AA#ABG

Operating System:   Win 7 home premium

I thank you for your assistance in this matter.

0 Kudos
vts67 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My Pavilion desktop D drives shows me that it is 90% full.  Should

I be doing something about more space, cleanup, etc.

Have lots of room on C drive.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3551 3391 279 525
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello vts67,

Your computer may be backing up to the D drive. Please refer to the following article to help you clean up the data on the D drive.
http://goo.gl/T016S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation