cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
albenac
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP RP5800 - Slow reboot - Sometimes hangs on Win XP logo

HP Recommended

Hi Everybody,

we have at least 1.000 HP RP5700 installed in supermarkets cashdesk and we are starting to install HP RP5800 (in this moment at least 100 workstation).

With the HP RP5800 we are experiencing a problem that we have no idea how to solve. It happens that if power is suddendly off without switching off the RP5800 when the PC reboot is very slowly to restart (sometimes more than 30/40 minutes) before the Win XP Logo. Sometimes doesn't restart anyway and hangs on the Window XP logo. 

In the PC is installed just an application and some Opos Driver for peripherals (usually a Fiscal Printer Epson - a touch screen - a driver les hardware protection key for the software)

The cashes usually are not often rebooted.

Yesterday we have experimented this problem at the same time on six hp rp5800 on a cash lane of six cashes with a stop of the supermarket activity.

PC HP RP5800 POS G850 4GB  HD500GB
OS Pos Ready 2009

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
KNRK
Level 12
Level 12
4,320 4,285 441 1,116
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you're wanting some technical assistance to fix the issue. We will surely assist you with this issue

Firstly we need to find out if this is a hardware or a software issue

If it's a software issue we can easily resolve this issue by performing troubleshooting steps

If it's a hardware issue HP Certified Engineer would visit your site and replace the fault parts of the POST Unit

To get started I would request with you to perform DPS Self Test

1. Restart the PC and keep tapping F10 during startup

2. Select storage at the top and look for DPS Self Test

3. Once you find it please run the test, If the test fails you can contact HP Phone Support to request for an On site Engineer

Note: Incase if you don't see DPS Self Test anywhere in the BIOS that could be because of RAID configuration and you need to again contact HP Phone Support

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
albenac
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved. It is not a hardware problem. The problem was due to a not well configured service of Intel AMT. In fact, if this service is not set in the INF mode and the pc runs for long periods it will create very large log files that that are loaded at boot.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation