Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (272 Views)

HP Recovery Manager

Product Name: HP Envy
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I use the magnify button on my microsoft comfort sculpt mouse the hp Recovery Manager screen opens up..... This is so agrivating....  is there anyway I can get this to stop....  and usually it is right where I am working...I am 70 years old and I need the magnify button....

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (246 Views)

Re: HP Recovery Manager

@alice2304, welcome to the forum.

This sounds like a conflict in the software that is used by the mouse.  I suggest that you contact Microsoft's Customer Service for help.  They should be able to help you solve your problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K; 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 4 (214 Views)

Well I dont think it is a software problem of the mouse....  because the mouse works on my hp  envy laptop that has windows 10 also....  and I have no problems using the magnify button on it....it is only on the desktop....  and  I even had an hp support go into my deskitop and see if he could figure it out and he told me my mouse was too old so I bought the new bluetooth.....  and it still happens.... but not on the laptop....  so I feel like it is something installed on the desktop that didnt get put on the laptop which is about a year older than the desktop....  I even reinstalled windows thinking maybe there was something weird with the original install....

And regardless...  when I contact Microsoft they will tell me it is an hp problem.... because it opens the hp recovery mamager screen....  I guess as long as everyone sells the products they dont care about future support.... so I wonder why I bought an hp care pack for 3yrs...  after my initial warrenty is up.....

Thanks anyway....  didnt figure I would get any help....

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (206 Views)

Thank you for the additional information, @alice2304.  I don't want you to go away feeling like we let you down.  I have asked for help from the appropriate people within HP.  I believe they will be able to help you.  Please be patient.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K; 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!