cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MarkNarom
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP_Recovery

HP Recommended

Hello All,

Need Help.

My HP laptop crashed and unable to recover. 

Pulled out the 2.5" SATA hard drive and bought myself an enclosure with 3.0 USB.

Hooked up the USB hard drive enclosure to my other laptops to recover the files but to my surprise i cannot open/view the files.

my other laptop (not HP) recognizes the harddrive and says that it is about 75% full but when i click on the only folder "HP_Recovery" , it says this folder doesnt contain any files. 

How do i view/open my files ? is there some sort of HP key tool i need ?

Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@MarkNarom,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. One Stop for all sort of solutions for your HP Products.

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the boot issue on the PC. Is that, right? I will be glad to help you.

You shouldn’t have removed the hard drive from the PC.

I recommend you to connect the hard drive back to the PC and perform the steps mentioned below and check if that helps you get the PC up and running.

Hardware diagnostics: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

If the test passes the hard drive without any errors, then use the appropriate link according to the operating system you have on the PC and perform a full recovery to restart the PC back to factory settings.

It will wipe all your personal information while performing the recovery on the PC.

This should solve the issue.  Let me know for more solution.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation