cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nilbog
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP S2331 monitor suddenly taking multiple attempts to wake up from off position.

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having an issue with my HP monitor, I have owned the monitor for at least two years and have a second monitor of the same model that I do not have this issue with just the right monitor. What happens is when I turn the monitor off (physically pushing the button)  and come back later and turn it on the screen comes up for a few seconds then suddenly goes black. When the screen goes black the blue power LED is still on and does not change color. To get the monitor to wake up I have to turn it off and on multiple times while quickly moving the mouse until it eventually undims and stays on. I have no idea what is causing this and playing with the monitor settings/ switching back to defaults did not help. I know it is not a signal problem from my graphics card as the left monitor is on and functioning properly while this is taking place.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Nilbog
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bump

0 Kudos
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Nilbog, welcome to the HP Forums. When the monitor is shutting off after turning it on, are there any 'monitor' notifications on the screen, or just void of anything?

Try this troubleshooting document. It sounds like there is a physical failure with the monitor to me however: Monitor is Blank

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Nilbog
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the split second it is displaying it shows the resolution and says DVI: Active.

0 Kudos
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So it activates, and does not see a signal and turns off. If you complete the troubleshooting listed, then you will have to contact support for repair options: HP Technical Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
aaronjection
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine does the same thing except when I press the on/off button it comes back on for about 30 seconds with the little box of info stating 'DVI: Active' then goes blank again .  After repeating this on/off process a varying number of times, the monitor stays awake long enough to do some useful work.  Its been tested on multiple machines using different cables etc. with the same result.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation