Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I cannot get mine open. Did you ever figure this out?
HP Recommended
Thank you. It worked!
HP Recommended

To open the battery cmpartment of the SK2061, turn the keyboard over (horizontally), Blue button and battery compartment to the top. rest the board on your knees. Press down on the raised small  horizontal bar and at the same time push towards the lower edge of the keyboard (towards  your knees), the battery cover comes off easily.

My problem is, when I start up the PC, (HPK 500-319NA 15), The wireless keyboard, (SK2061), does not connect. I have to restart the PC to get it to connect. Have had the PC for 5 months and this has just appeared. Changed the batteries makes no difference. 

The internet instruction states I shoud press the blue button until the USB receiver flashes. This PC does not have an external USB receiver, I guess it is built in !!! The mouse works OK.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your post!  That first time replacing the batteries was a real nightmare until I read your response.   I had a tiny screwdriver and once I read "good pop" I had to place the screwdriver under the bottom of the cover as it was stuck on there good.  It slides easily now and I didn't hurt the keyboard. 

HP Recommended

thanks for your input..this helped a lot..

HP Recommended

It is real easy to break the tabs if you pry it up.  What you want to do is get a thin knife blade and insert if just over the horizontal bar molded into the battery cover in the back and top of the keyboard. Then instead of lifting, which will break the tabs, rotate the blade so that the cover slides off moving towards the bottom of the keyboard. That will make the tabs release and when done replacing the batteries slide the cover back in the way it came out. Make sure to align the edges as you slide it in.

HP Recommended

Its too easy..hold the keyboard in both hand while keys are downward & function key side is touching your fingers.

Your thumb rest on the backside of keybord.

slight press the thumb & push to downward .............thats it....enjoy.

HP Recommended

I had the same trouble ages ago and ended up snapping the small tabs that hold the cover in place. So I have to keep it on with small bits of blu-tack. It is a really poor design!

HP Recommended

I broke mine too when I did the pop with the little screwdriver.  I didn't realize it when I wrote my earlier response so I am using scotch tape to keep the cover on.  Since it is underneath, it isn't visible but it was really annoying.  Other than that, I love the keyboard.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.