Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8615
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0 installed on Computer.

After Upgrading the software for my Mozilla FireFox Browser I had problems printing any material displayed on the browser.  I ran the Print and Scan Doctor which detected an USB qeue problem which it rectified. The printer now works as it should but I get a Pop-up that claims their is a problem which NO LONGER exists. If you run the Scan Doctor again it indicates that everything is good (That is the CASE - no printing problems exist).

Re-booting the computer doesn't eliminate the problem.  (The Bogus Error pop-up)

Registry error finding software does not find anything remiss in the Registry

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> The printer now works as it should but I get a Pop-up that claims their is a problem

Please specify the EXACT wording of that pop-up message.

Then, try a Google-search, entering that wording, to see if anything can be found.

HP Recommended

The Exact Heading of the Pop-up Message is:

"Unable to Communicate with Printer"     This is not the case - the selection is printed.

The pop-up wants to run the Scan Doctor.  The Cancel option does not work. The only way to get rid of the message is to click several tines on the "X" in the uppermost, top right corner of the message box.  The pop-up also initiates an icon on

the task bar.  Clicking on this icon also closes the window.

I have also run all the Trouble Shooting options for the Printers and USB queues available in the Windows Device Manager

Will try the Google search next!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.