cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
18 12 2 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP SoftPaqs problem

EliteBook 8770w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

From time to time I use the "HP SoftPaq Download Manager" (HPSPDM) to update the soft of my EliteBook 8770w machine. But lately few SoftPaqs are causing me troubles: 

hpspdm_issue.PNG

Whenever I try to install them, the "HP SoftPaq Download Manager" forces me to restart the PC and after that the SoftPaqs reappear in the HPSPDM with status "Newer version available" !

How to find out what's going on? Does the HPSPDM creates some kind of a installation log?

P.S. This issue is not vital for my PC, but drives me crazy that such a "enterprise software" behaves like that.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Intern
Intern
18 12 2 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP SoftPaqs problem

May I ask some of the Admins to move this to the "Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions" section.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
18 12 2 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP SoftPaqs problem

Guys, please move this either to the "Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions" section, or to the "Software>Commercial Software" section, or I'll have to double post it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation