cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Solutions Center will not connect to PSC

HP Recommended

I have an HPE-120f running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit using a PSC C-4180 printer scanner copier.  I had a problem develop when I installed Norton 360.  Had the computer worked on, they found 5 trojans.  Now when I go to HP Solutions Center it comes back with the following.

HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.

Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup programfrom the installation CDfor a network installation.

If this does not complete the installation, or you do not have the CD, access the HP help lines by clicking the start menue.

I apologise for any typo's as I am nearly blind. 

Any Ideas?  Please.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@E6AFret wrote:

I have an HPE-120f running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit using a PSC C-4180 printer scanner copier.  I had a problem develop when I installed Norton 360.  Had the computer worked on, they found 5 trojans.  Now when I go to HP Solutions Center it comes back with the following.

HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.

Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup programfrom the installation CDfor a network installation.

If this does not complete the installation, or you do not have the CD, access the HP help lines by clicking the start menue.

I apologise for any typo's as I am nearly blind. 

Any Ideas?  Please.

EGAfret, first I am sorry for your sight challenged. That must make staring at the monitor frustrating sometimes. I don't know how similar our situations are but I have had trouble in the past, multiple times, with my HP All in One Wireless Printer. HP C7280.  It's a wonderful printer when it co-operates with the software. The software is often the problem more than need be.  I can only offer suggestions:

1. Uninstall the printer as completely as you can using a good uninstall program. I use the free iObit Advanced System Care uninstaller which does a deep clean.  Or there is CCleaner that has a good unistall but to my mind not as good as iObit. 

>then go to the HP product page for your printer and download a latest FULL INSTALLATION file for that printer. Possibly from this you can have a good installation.  Turn off all other programs running and if you can, once you have downloaded the good install file, turn off your virus and firewall protection and your router before installing. Making sure to turn them all back on after the installation. You could make sure that after you have installed the setup file to reboot. Sometimes that helps.

2. One person actually suggested I create a new user on the computer and see if it would install with a new user. You could name the new user the name of your printer. If it worked you might have to switch to that user but at least you'd have the functionality of the printer.

3. Worse case scenario is do a full recover on your pc then re-install the printer. I know you don't want to hear that, who does?

4.  Try this tool made especially to uninstall all of NORTON.  I suggest forget NORTON and use Windows Essentials or Windows Defender. Both free and since created by Windows they know the pc environement. 

NORTON REMOVAL TOOL   If clicking on this to the left didn't work try copy and paste the link below.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20080710133834EN_EndUs...

Since I am not an expert, maybe of average dummy intelligence if someone feels I've directed you wrong I'm open to that.  I have been buying pc's since the late 80's and have had to resolve many issues in great frustration. I feel your pain. Hope you get it resolved. Let me know.  jack

I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 525
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello JackdaShack,

Valuable information. You may not be an expert, but often the best suggestions come from users such as yourself. Customers who have been through similar experiences often are able relate to one another and provide steps to resolution. It's what makes you somewhat better than an "expert."

There are many people who may be versed on how Windows as a whole works or how software as a whole works, but not many have been in the situation the actual customer is in and be able to provide the real life information.

I kudo you for providing this information and passing on the what you have learned. By passing on information we garnish as we go along we are all building a much better community experience. 🙂
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Highlighted
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks HardbeatZ. Wasn't expecting that but you know an old adage came to me ... You get as good as you give!  I have received a lot of help on these forums and often I just take the knowledge and that's that. In defense I've often felt what have I to offer but maybe if I go through the posts there's something there I can help someone with. Often, posts fall through the cracks and no one is paying much attention. I've been there a few times, not often. So if I can in the future I am going to try to find someone's post I might understand.  Remember the adage ... it works in life too.  ":-D

I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation