Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Parappa Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream Mini Desktop won't power on

HP Stream Mini Desktop 200-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have an HP Stream Mini Desktop 200-010 that will not power on again after it turned itself off while it was idle.  No power light, no fan movement, no beep codes. Things I already tried:

1. I replaced the original AC power adapter with a new one. It still does not power on so we can probably rule out a defective AC adapter brick and cable.

2. Held down the power button with the AC cable and other cables unplugged from the computer to discharge the power as stated on the HP support page. It did not fix it.

3. Opened the computer up and checked all the cables inside. This is not quite like a traditional desktop PC, so the only cables I saw in there were to connect the WLAN/Bluetooth card to the antenna on the top and a small cable for the speaker for beep codes.

4. Tried 3different power outlets around the house so a faulty power outlet shouldn't be the case.

Is there any other troubleshooting I can try to fix this problem? It is already outside of the 1 year warranty. Normally I would know what to do to fix a problem if it could actually power on but I feel so helpless when it can't even power on to give me beep codes or anything to work with. Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY
Professor
Professor
1561 133 296
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream Mini Desktop won't power on

Hi, I'm not familiar with the Stream Mini, only the Stream Laptops and Tablets.  There has not been too much posted about the Mini here. I believe the SSD connection is socketed on the Mini so that you can unplug it?  Or is that just to add an additional SSD? I would try unplugging that, and probably everything else that can be unplugged to see is there is something preventing the startup.  I'm not sure if the RAM is socketed but remove that if so to see if you can at least get a power light or fan.  I believe there is a maintenance manual available for download also if that would help.  Good luck.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation