cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lee_Boom
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Suport Assist. downloaded bios upgrade doesn't seem to change the bios.

HP Recommended
510-p020 Serial #: CNV6200RN
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I received about six software upgrades from the HP Support Forum application. The rest worked fine, but when I ran the bios upgrade ( SP77746 ver F16). It doesn't seem to change the bios. Original bios AMI F.03, 3/10/2016. The PC has been running fine before and after the changes. Do I need to run the upgrade? And if so how do I get it to process.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> The PC has been running fine before and after the changes.  Do I need to run the upgrade?

There's a difference between "need" and "want" the upgrade.

Evidently, you do not "need" the upgrade.

> And if so how do I get it to process.

Did you shutdown your computer, and unplug the electrical power for a minute, then reconnect it, and check the BIOS version?  This might make a difference.

0 Kudos
Lee_Boom
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I shut down the PC and pulled the plug for a minute. Rebooted and ran MSINFO32. The bios are still AMI F.03, 3/10/2016. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation