Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Product - HP Pavilion Slimline s5304y Desktop PC

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Hi, I over the past couple of weeks i have been having difficulties with all of the preinstalled HP software on my Desktop, I have uninstalled and reinstalled most of the software with no luck. Today I would like to start by fixing HP Support Assistant, I have tried to reinstall using links from other forum post but have not succeeded in finding a link that supports Windows 7 64-bit.

Thank you,

Emmet

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Here are links to three progressively newer versions of the HP Support Assistant for Windows 7 64bit;

Dated 2011-02-10
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL36113/pv-89076-2/sp49905.exe

Dated 2011-04-21
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL38063/pv-93433-1/sp52594.exe

Dated 2011-08-08
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53904.exe

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Tried all 3 versions each showing a variation of the following messages.

"HP Support Assistant not supported on this machine"

or

"Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been canceled (1602)."

Thank You,

Emmet

HP Recommended

Emmet,

Have you considered restoring the computer back to it's original factory condition, either using the set of recovery discs or entering the "Recovery" option from the BIOS. I know it is a pain in the butt... however, doing this can cure a lot of problems. Just make sure you backup all of your data before proceeding with this process.

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

I would restore it and am fully capable of doing so but I don't want to waste my recently used license for Office 2010, and to tell you the truth I have had no problems even though my HP software is not currently working.

Thank You,

Emmet

HP Recommended

Product - HP  P6110f Desktop

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I had the same problem. This what I did.

Downloaded latest HP Support Assistant Application.

You can save it in your downloads or to your desktop.

Right click on the downloaded file

On the drop down select Properties (which will be on the bottom)

When properties opens select the Compatibility tab

Under compatibility mode: check the box for: Run this program in compatibility mode for:

This will allow you to click on the drop down arrow in this box to see the different Operating systems

Choose your OS

Next on the bottom under Privilege Level:  Check the box to run this program as an administrator

On the bottom click Apply then OK

This was the only way I could get the update to install

HP Recommended

There is no drop-down for Windows 7 OS, I don't know if my problem is different form others who have had similar problems or if I am just incorrectly downloading.

Thank You,

Emmet

HP Recommended

Have you tried HP Recovery Manager's option to reinstall Software that isn't working?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01868333

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I was abable to navigate through the recovery manager up until the download itself. 46% of the way through the download I received the following message,

"Could not load file or assembly `sortkey.nlp` or one of its dependencies. The system cannon find the specific file."

Thank You,

Emmet Hassett

HP Recommended

My Desktop is a P6110F.  It has a Vista/Windows 7 64-bit OS.  The Desktop came loaded with Vista and I
received the free upgrade to Windows 7.

With that said, when the Support Assistant was updating, files were extracted from the existing program to install the update.  The download failed and left the program unusable.  I downloaded the newest Support Assistant, but could not get the updated program to install.  (When you download the file, save it to your computer.  Do not try to run the program ).  I tried all of the recommendations in this forum, without success.   My last attempt, I tried the compatibility mode for the program and it worked.

If you right click on any program, there will be a drop down and the properties will be on the bottom.  If you follow the process in my original post, it may install for you.

This is a screen shot of the Compatibility Tab, after you click on  properties

Capture.PNG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.