cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jujules
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Support Assistant doesn't work

HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion Touchsmart 23-h056, running Windows 8.1, 64 bit. I bought the computer in April and was able to access it once or twice. Today I attempted to do so again and it would not load. I ran the trouble shooter and the result informed me that it was an "incompatible program". I was directed to seek help from Windows however, I would prefer to start here. If anyone has had this issue or could help me to resolve it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Troubleshooting my computer is like building a fire with a stick.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,188 24,656 2,906 10,818
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jujules, welcome to the forum.

I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling HP Support Assistant.  Here is the official page for it.  You can download it from the section titled "Download HP Support Assistant" / Home and business desktops.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,188 24,656 2,906 10,818
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jujules, welcome to the forum.

I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling HP Support Assistant.  Here is the official page for it.  You can download it from the section titled "Download HP Support Assistant" / Home and business desktops.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

jujules
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me solve my issue. It was helpful to also be reminded that I can uninstall and then reinstall programs as well as devices!

Troubleshooting my computer is like building a fire with a stick.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation