cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 0 2
Message 261 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. Use the Microsoft uninstall utility:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

2. Then download and install HPSA from www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant

I work on behalf of HP.

Click on Kudos if you like the response.

Hi... I have been having a problem with this too. First I noticed that the HP Advisor button on the taskbar did nothing, no error, just nothong. I managed to delete HP Advisor thinking I could find and reinstall it however when I enter my model, I cannot find a link to download it. So, I tried HPSA. It does not work either. I have uninstalled, re-installed, uninstalled with MS Fixit, re-installed (it said some of the files were already on the computer and asked if I wanted to overwrite them, I clicked "yes to all", this was after uninstalling with MS Fixit. It installed and still does the same thing. I click the desktop icon and an oval sort of box with a question mark appears, then it slowly fades away and that is that. I have managed to get a box open using "Help and Support" from the start menu but if I click any of the links they open a large blank black box in the middle of my screen. I am about ready to give up on this software and see if there is another utility to keep all my drivers and programs up to date.

I am using a Pavilion dm4 1165dx running Windows7 64bit. I have run two virus scans, Norton and Defender, Malwarebytes, Comodo System Cleaner and Comodo Registry cleaner... don't know what to do.

Thanks for any help...

Julien

Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 0 2
Message 262 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the method in message 183 and it did not work.

Need help...

Julien

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 263 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"I click the desktop icon and an oval sort of box with a question mark appears, then it slowly fades away and that is that."

this description sounds the same as what I am experiencing as well...

Also, under menu item "PC Help and Tools", i am missing the menu choice for the following utility:

"HP Vision Diagnostics and disc creation"

Considering that I have done a system restore to factory state, Im wondering if there is some corruption within the restoration software source files that came on the machine.

HP Pavilion desktop
model # p7-1027; Product #: QN644AAR#ABA;
core i3 - 2100; 3.1 GHz
6 Gb RAM DDR3 - 1333
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 264 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First I was asked what service provider and model modem do I have.  I said what does that have to do with this.  Then turn off your anti-virus.  It's norton - you put it on the **bleep** computers at the factory.  No go.  Next try to uninstall old HP assistant - didn't work.  Then I got the same response - reset to factory state.  I asked if he'd lost his mind.  He claimed to do it every six months.  I replied with "Well then you're an idiot".  That was the end of the support.  Got it to work from reading this support site - used MS tool for fixing uninstall/install problems.  Then just for good measure - "run as administrator".  Installed and running fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 265 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can confirm that using the Microsoft Uninstall utility then doing a reinstall of HPSA fixed the issue for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 266 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HPSFexe is not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 267 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  The icon is on my desktop.  I click on it and the popup comes on and then poof its gone and nothing happens...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 268 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My problem was finally solved after the third trip back to the factory outlet.  They finally got the malfunction to act up.  It was a defective RAM.  They replaced it and no problem since.  But it did cause a lot of grief and the onboard diagnostic and other software failed to ever show up the problem.

HP Pavilion desktop
model # p7-1027; Product #: QN644AAR#ABA;
core i3 - 2100; 3.1 GHz
6 Gb RAM DDR3 - 1333
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 269 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

join the club sucked in you get 10 points and go to the back of the line see you when you get an apple

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 270 of 321
Flag Post
HP Recommended

and so you think wait till an update support assistant youll be back at square 1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation